For easy cleaning, you should have:
- a bucket of clean, warm, lime-free water (demineralized water)
- with a spray of dishwashing liquid
- a non-abrasive sponge or a nozzle with a sponge
- a scraper
- clean cloth to dry the scraper
- a large cloth
Here is the method:
- place a large cloth on the inside to collect the drips on the floor
- rub the glass with the wet sponge
- pull the liquid with the scraper, American "S" method
- systematically dry the scraper before resting it on the glass
- remove drips by dabbing with a cloth
- if labels or dirt, use your nail, it does not scratch!
- avoid working in direct sunlight, as water evaporates too quickly
- avoid hard water that will leave white traces
- avoid scrapers that will scratch the glasses
- And if you have Structural or Pollux windows, dirt can't get stuck on sills and cleaning becomes a pleasure!
For the first cleaning at the end of the construction work, it is essential to wet the glasses a lot before rubbing them. The construction dust has stuck to the glasses and you may carry it away with your sponge, which then turns into sandpaper.